Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, nomenclature, mechanics, field strip, ammunition and fundamentals necessary for the safe use of Carbine platform.
Details: This course is at approx. 4 hours long and is geared towards anyone looking to learn how to use the AR15 platform safely & effectively. It offers skill set for safe and proper use of carbines. Become familiarized with the AR-15 / M-4 platform as well as Zeroing Sights, Understanding Projectile Trajectory. Shooting fundamentals, shooting from the bench rest and standing up, cleaning, and skill development. Great knowledge for beginners.
Fee is $100.00 includes range fees.
The course is limited to 10 – 15 students
Course Time & Length:
Approximately 4 hours.
200 Rounds minimum
- Safety briefing & Safe Gun Handling
- Carbine Knowledge
- Ammunition Knowledge
- Fundamentals of AR-15 / M-4
- Loading, unloading & Press Check
- Sling Use
- Function Checks
- Shooting Positions
- Ballistics & Trajectory
- Personal Zero ( iron sights & optics)
- Malfunction Clearing
- Drills (presenting rifle from high & low ready)
WHAT TO BRING:
- AR-15, M4 or M16 type platform.
- You Will Need At Least Two Magazines
- Sturdy battle belt and Mag pouches. *Recommended*
- Eye & ear protection
- Single or 2 point sling “recommended”
- 200 Rounds of Ammunition (minimum)
- Snacks & Fluids to Keep You Hydrated
- A Positive Learning Attitude
- Range attire (Dress in comfortable warm layers for winter)
- Targets (Steel & paper)
- Great Instructions
- Range Drills
- Course Completion Certificate
(Note* Completion certificate does not Guarantee students to qualify for higher level course. in many cases instructors will determine if you are qualified to advance to a higher level if your skill sets are established. We do this for safety & protection reasons)
- Clark County Shooting Complex, Rifle & Pistol Education Center